How to ignite your Google+ listing the simple way
Google+ has so far not been taken overly serious by businesses looking to promote their products and services. This is quickly changing! Google+ has positioned itself nicely to challenge Facebook as a primary social network for business. Websites using the +1 Button increase page traffic by 350%, and over 925,000 people join Google+ every day! Put together all of the functionality of your Google account, and massive search engine benefits, you’ve got something we can get serious about.
Seven Tips for Utilizing Your Google+ Page
Here are seven techniques for getting your Google+ page to help your small business.
- Your Google+ profile – Complete it. Do this with some thought. Be sure you use compelling photos and images, and link out to your other social media profiles.
- List your key information – Particularly hours of operation, contact details, as well as maps and directions.
- Link to your sites – be sure you link to your main business blog or site. This is a must!
- Create a business page – Showcase your small business where it counts. This has direct benefits for search engine results as well as for people who find you on Google+.
- Link out to your content –This will have a number of benefits, first of all getting them indexed nearly instantly, along with a several other search engine advantages. You can also use your Google+ page to create posts, including multimedia that can link out to your posts elsewhere.
- Utilize Direct Connect – Utilize this feature in Google+ to allow visitors to add you to circles when they find you in search. Think of this as a Facebook “Like”.
- Use video chat in Google+ Hangouts – This tool is incredibly useful. Any time you conduct a video chat, Google+ streams it, records it, and sends you the recording via email. Then you’re able to upload to YouTube, thus creating more useful content. One terrific method to use these is to make impromptu product demos.
This barely scratches the surface of what’s possible with Google+. To discover even more strategies along with a cool infographic on the subject see this post on CopyBlogger.